Join Anne for an in-person Workshop, and knit the “Festival of Stitches” Shawl, designed by Lisa Hannes. Spots are limited for this class to allow us to follow social distancing regulations, and we expect it to fill up quickly.
- Your $20 registration fee includes the 1st class session but does not include the pattern or materials (see below).
- Each additional class is $20, payable in-person to Anne when you arrive for the class each week.
About the Pattern:
“Festival of Stitches” is a fun & playful project that will keep you engaged from start to finish! Different sections make it addictive and knit up quickly. The finished item will add a wonderful highlight to your daily wardrobe with a shape that is versatile and easy to wear.
Yes, there’s lots of fun colorwork in this pattern! But only easy slipped stitches (yay, mosaic) and color blocking, no stranded/fair isle/intarsia/brioche. There are also some cables, eyelets, stripes … but no super complicated techniques are used in this pattern.
Each section contains fully written instructions and charts so you can choose which you prefer to work from. Every section in this pattern is completely adjustable to your liking or the yarn/yardage you have available.
Each weekly class, Anne will teach the next section of the pattern. There are six sections to make the shawl complete.
Materials Needed: Class does not include pattern and materials.
- The “Festival of Stitches” pattern – we will provide a 25% discount code from the designer
- US 4 – 3.5 mm knitting needles – circular recommended to accommodate the number of stitches
- Fingering weight yarn in 3 solid contrasting colors.
Note: Allow approx. 368-374 yds /337-340 m of each color to get the sample size. Each section is fully adjustable and works just as well for more/fewer yardage.
Some Recommended Yarns:
You may use any 3 solid contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn you desire. These are some suggestions from Anne:
- Baah La Jolla – solid / semi-solid colors only – more colors arriving soon!
- Mirasol Sulka Nina (you may want to use a US 5 needle with this yarn)
- Karabella Aurora 4
- Rialto 4-ply
- HiKoo CoBaSi
- Universal Yarn Bella Cash
- Mirasol Nuna